In my new book, which I figured would not be popular because it's Christian Fiction, something I'd not done before, and which a lot of folks don't read, I have a character that is based on my Dad, A WWII Veteran who still reads his Bible every morning. I wrote this book mainly for Dad, not to make lots of money (though I DID hope to break even :-) and he loved it. Because he is finally glad I share the same depth of faith he does, because for many years I didn't.
During the horrific fires in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, which much of the media has ignored, despite 100's of homes burning and many people dead or missing, a worker at Dollyworld, which had flames flickering at its borders a couple of days ago, found this, a burnt and torn page from the Bible with the following passage, just laying on the ground where the winds had blown it,
The day of the LORD is near, the day when destruction comes from the Almighty. How terrible that day will be! To you, LORD, I call, for fire has devoured the pastures in the wilderness and flames have burned up all the trees of the field. Joel 1:20 Even the beasts of the field pant for you because the water brooks are dried up, and fire has devoured the pastures of the wilderness.Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand
I'm going to sleep well tonight, knowing that this God watches over me, even though others may not feel the same.
And yes, comments are off for the week. I'm exhausted from finishing the book, working full time, taking care of a family, and flying back and forth to take care of my Dad. If I don't have the time to respectfully read what you take the time to write, I'd rather have it off for a week or two. Cheers!
