It's been a week. That's all I can say. Dealing with the past. Dealing with the present. Work mostly, but I'm absolutely wiped out from a writing standpoint. If a zombie attempted to access my brain tonight it would be the Weight Watcher meal of cerebral activity. I'm mentally and emotionally done. The wall is up and I just want to hunker down with my best friend, and for a meal with Og and his family last night at the Range was just what I needed.But the week before my time off was not fun and I needed more of a vacation than putting up storm windows and cleaning gutters and raking leaves at Dad's.
Let's just say - picture me, picture large opposing attorney type person that's going to grill me as an expert witness. Picture said attorney spying Barkley's picture on my laptop screen saver and saying "I don't like dogs, I like cats!" Picture said attorney looking at me and my black skirt and long hair like I was the spitting image of the dog loving floozy their ex-husband left their short haired visage and cats for. Blood ensued. We won the battle, but not without some scars.
Then the news tonight. I can't even talk about it without anger and tears.
So, I can only leave you with a dinner photo. Smothered Steak. Almost rare, but not quite, with a gravy made of red wine, beef gravy stock, horseradish cream, pepper and fresh mushrooms. Recipe is in the sidebar, it's beyond easy to make.

Back to work after two weeks off to care for Dad - I'll be back but it will be a couple of days.
Hang in there. (Hug)
ReplyDeleteRest up dear lady, rest up. You are an angel to many and an inspiration to the rest.
ReplyDeleteBless you Terrapod - I DO enjoy Dad's company but there is so much physically to do with the house to get it ready for winter - storm doors and windows, yard work, gutters, laying in a bunch of homemade low sodium meals his nurses aides can just nuke. I'm always exhausted when I get home.
DeleteI trust you were wearing your asbestos underwear for that Cat Lover... Dinner looks Good. ... and you're going back to work to rest up after building a house for Dad for winter. Good idea. Now you have to make a bunch of dinners YOU can just nuke, for you.
ReplyDeleteThoughts and Prayers for you B, I know Im not around much but I peek in on the writing now and then :D
ReplyDeleteHad one of those incidents last Saturday. Homicide leading to a suicide, in front of their 4 year old daughter. Not a great night. Hold your friends close.
ReplyDelete