Barkley lies on my dresser so I can say goodbye to him as I leave for work in the morning. I put his all-time favorite toy on top of the box. Mr. Squeeky was an infuriatingly loud toy but Barkley carried it everywhere. His doggie day camp had a purple one and they had a cam in the yard so we could see the dogs at play on their website and he ALWAYS had that toy so I found him one after searching about 87 different pet stores in Indiana.
So when I found this photo of him, I just had to place it here so he can keep an eye on Mr. Squeeky.
Barkley was ... a member of your family, a friend ... a person. His loss affected many of us, and I'm glad you honored him this way. There was something extraordinary about him.
ReplyDeleteI love the way he's just staring at it....
ReplyDeleteI do miss Barkley, or well your writings about him :) I've always loved Labs. Some day Ill have one again, right now my other half seems to collect American Eskimos as rescue targets, me I just have one slightly overweight Basselope well I call her that she is Beagle/Chihuahua. Anyhooo perfect Photo Composition :D
ReplyDeleteSeeing the photo of Berkley made me smile and also brought tears to my eyes. He sure was a special dog and missed by all who knew him!
ReplyDelete