Monday, February 3, 2020

Mondays

Meetings all day. I'll be back with you all later.  

4 comments:

  1. Someday, you will retire. You will find yourself walking along some sun-dappled path one morning, enjoying the fresh new day, and suddenly this thought will break your reverie: all those meetings, did they ever accomplish anything?

    You'll shake your head, the thought will fade like smoke on the breeze, and you will get on with the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish. I've spent $400,000 so far on Dad's elder care (his military pension is above the amount for him to get VA or medicaid payment for his care.) He's 100 and going strong. I could retire this year but I won't be retiring for 7-10 years as I've not been able pay anything into my Thrift Savings Plan for 10 years with his care costs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My retirement came when I just could not force myself to show for a Job I no longer liked. Social security and a small pension will get me by, but it's just me and my dog that I need to care for. I do not know how anyone can manage to care for elderly parents or disabled children.

    I know you avoid politics here, but it seems that if the politicians wanted to really help people, they would find a way to make long-term care more affordable for those who need it most.

    My prayers for your family.

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog for family far away and to share my life and writing with friends. Comments are welcome but please treat this place as you would visiting any friend. I want everyone to feel at home here. If you post advertising for a business or service and I do NOT know you, it will be reported as SPAM. Don't even bother.