Friday, September 25, 2020

Update from the Range


Just an update here - still dealing with the staph infection in my leg.  Two visits to the hospital since March and 5 weeks of antibiotics put a dent in it, but it's still not gone and the antibiotics have destroyed my gut to the point I'm not able to hold food down.  Getting better but after I get done working I just don't have any energy for writing though I'm keeping the dogs entertained - Hugs - Brigid

26 comments:

  1. Prayers and wishes for FASTER healing. That's a long time to be dealing with something like that. (Not saying anything that you don't already know) Stay on top of it - stuff like that all too often can result in the loss of a leg (someone rather close to me works with patients and prosthetics). Scritches to the Blonde and the Brunette. Hang tough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs back-I was getting concerned. Keep up the fight, and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our continued prayers for your speedy and complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brigid;

    Hope you get to feeling better, Feeling like *blah* really bites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rest up, get well, thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry to hear. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Brigid, I've been slow in keeping up with my blog and the others that I follow. So I was not aware of your health issues. Hang in there. I don't think you make a good patient! Be patient. To show you how slack I've been in the things that matter to me. I have a copy of True Course and still haven't read it. Life 101 keeps getting in my way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are the docs categorizing it as MRSA, Brigid?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Brigid, no idea it was that bad, hugs and prayers friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you continue to beat this thing - sounds like you have turned the corner at least.

    Merle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Irrespective of receiving daily oral or future injectable depot therapies, these require health care visits for medication and monitoring of safety and response. If patients are treated early enough, before a lot of immune system damage has occurred, life expectancy is close to normal, as long as they remain on successful treatment. However, when patients stop therapy, virus rebounds to high levels in most patients, sometimes associated with severe illness because i have gone through this and even an increased risk of death. The aim of “cure”is ongoing but i still do believe my government made millions of ARV drugs instead of finding a cure. for ongoing therapy and monitoring. ARV alone cannot cure HIV as among the cells that are infected are very long-living CD4 memory cells and possibly other cells that act as long-term reservoirs. HIV can hide in these cells without being detected by the body’s immune system. Therefore even when ART completely blocks subsequent rounds of infection of cells, reservoirs that have been infected before therapy initiation persist and from these reservoirs HIV rebounds if therapy is stopped. “Cure” could either mean an eradication cure, which means to completely rid the body of reservoir virus or a functional HIV cure, where HIV may remain in reservoir cells but rebound to high levels is prevented after therapy interruption. Dr Afrid Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara so i contacted him on drafridherbalhome@gmail.com or visit his website https://dr-afrid-herbal-home.webnode.com/ even talked on whatsapps +2349057260738 believe me it was easy i drank his herbal medicine for two weeks and i was cured just like that isn't Dr Afrid a wonder man? Yes he is! I thank him so much so i will advise if you are suffering from one of those diseases please do contact him he's a nice man.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dang, hope you are on the mend soon! Prayers Up for healing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for update Brigid. I have been worried about you and will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dwight I had a similiar problem and the only thing that eventually helped was taking probiotics - get the good bacteria back in the gut. Robin Belsha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the update, Brigid.

    Keeping you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the update, Brigid.

    Keeping you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. due to an intravenous medication, I came down with a "super-infection", actually a septicemia due to Nisseria Sicca: the doctors weren't particularly happy with this. I was placed on six weeks of an intravenous antibiotic and am now on an oral antibiotic.
    To sum up, this wreaked hell on my digestive system and two different gastroenterologists placed me on two different (extraordinarily expensive) meds to combat this problem - they didn't have much effect, except to dent my wallet quite severely.
    A friend then suggested "Why don't you go on probiotics?" I'd had enough of pills and decided to try yogurt (Publix was having a sale). It kicked in after about three days; this was about six weeks ago and my gut has been great so far. (there's no emoticon for crossed fingers, is there?)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Keep chuggin. Those must be nasty little beasties!

    Anyway, good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sending prayers for healing and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know how you feel. I’ve been fighting an infection in my foot for four months! Thought we had it beat with three weeks of aural antibiotics. Then it flared up hot with six weeks of IV antibiotics and now various wound care techniques to get the last wound closed so I can go home two hundred miles from this level of care. Could have been worse, the surgeon who cleaned out the infection really wanted to amputate the foot the night I hit the ER.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know how you feel. I’ve been fighting an infection in my foot for four months! Thought we had it beat with three weeks of aural antibiotics. Then it flared up hot with six weeks of IV antibiotics and now various wound care techniques to get the last wound closed so I can go home two hundred miles from this level of care. Could have been worse, the surgeon who cleaned out the infection really wanted to amputate the foot the night I hit the ER.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness, I'm sorry to hear this. Too late to pray for a speedy recovery, but I am praying!

    ReplyDelete
  23. hope you continue to improve - hopefully to the point you were before all this started.

    Merle

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog for family far away and to share my life and writing with friends. Comments are welcome but please treat this place as you would visiting any friend. I want everyone to feel at home here. If you post advertising for a business or service and I do NOT know you, it will be reported as SPAM. Don't even bother.