Wednesday, October 21, 2020

New Book - My Short Story in an Anthology Published This Week


My short story "Lessons on Loss" (about my Submariner brother)  has been published in the anthology "Writer Shed Stories - Love and Sacrifice, edited by award-winning author David W. Berner.  I was very honored to have my story selected as only 15 stories out of the 300 entrants were picked.  Several are Midwest authors but there are selections from all over the world. Being so sick earlier this year, this was the only serious piece of writing I did this year and I'm proud of it.

"WRITER SHED STORIES, Vol. 2, LOVE & SACRIFICE is a collection of short fiction, memoir, poetry, and creative nonfiction from authors all over the world. The aim of Writer Shed Press is to offer stories that leave lasting impressions, words that linger long after you've read them. WRITER SHED STORIES is published annually by Writer Shed Press and edited by award-winning author David W. Berner."

It is available now on Amazon and at independent bookstores. 

 https://www.amazon.com/Writer-Shed-Stories-Vol-Sacrifice/dp/B08L8NGDDX/

6 comments:

  1. That's a wonderful honor - congrats! I hope it sells well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't read the other submissions in the book yet. If it's appropriate I'll send copies up to the Chris Kyle hospital for you to add to their library.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Brigid! Based on the quality of your writing I'm not surprised. I've been re-reading a bunch of Lex's old posts and your writing is the only one up to his standard that I've seen on the 'net. I guess I've gotten too consumed with political stuff lately. But I took a bunch of Scouts and their parents on a campout this weekend (many clay disks were blown apart and .22 cal. holes put into paper) and I got away from that a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I couldn't ask for a better compliment. I left Lex's FB forum when one of the members told me I didn't go to United mainline from United Express because "I wasn't good enough" (actually I couldn't pass their eye test after an injury to an eye during hunting season (deer blind 1, Brigid's eye 0). But I have the highest
      regard for he and his family.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the new published work Brigid! I was reminded of you when I was re-reading some old postings by Lex; you're about the only other writer I know up to his standard (both of prose and principles).

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog for family far away and to share my life and writing with friends. Comments are welcome but please treat this place as you would visiting any friend. I want everyone to feel at home here. If you post advertising for a business or service and I do NOT know you, it will be reported as SPAM. Don't even bother.