"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."
-A.A. Milne, 'Winnie The Pooh.
'It is with heavy hearts we have to tell you all that Abby Lab went to the Bridge last Tuesday, peacefully, and happy (after a Reese's peanut butter cup she spit out at the Vet because "I want the nasty DRY treats Mom gives me!"). She made her journey from our home with a very caring Vet and her sister Lorelei Lab got to say goodbye.
She would have been 16 in February. Considering she started her journey to us after being left heartworm positive at a high hill shelter when she was 8, that's pretty good. She brought a lot of joy to us and helped heal so hearts broken when Barkley left us.

“If there is a heaven,
ReplyDeleteit’s certain our animals are to be there.
Their lives become so interwoven with our own,
it would take more than an archangel to detangle them.” Pam Brown
You have my sympathy.
ReplyDeleteSo very sorry to hear this. She had a loving steward and obviously gave love back.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your loss. Been there done that, quite a few times. It's never easy and you all are in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear that. They are gifts to us for such a short while it seems
ReplyDeleteI will never forget Abby Lab, what a brave heart and such a kind soul. She was lucky to have you guys, and you her. Prayers for you and yours, she will not be forgotten.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry. Saying farewell is never easy.
ReplyDeleteSorry for your loss. We humans don't deserve dogs.
ReplyDeleteKnow that she will be waiting for you at the bridge.
ReplyDeleteFarewell, Abby. Your mom’s stories about you warmed many hearts and you will be missed by them all.
ReplyDeleteCondolences!
ReplyDeleteSympathies. I know from your posts she was very much loved with you. Prayers Up.
ReplyDeleteMy deepest sympathy for your loss.
ReplyDeleteIt takes a lot of love to keep giving it to these animals knowing that you will at some point have to say goodbye.
ReplyDeleteShe'll be waiting for you some day at Heavens gate with her tail wagging. Sorry for your loss, I know it hurts.
ReplyDeleteAll dogs go to heaven and they'll all be there waiting for all of us when we get there.
ReplyDeleteOh dear! I know this is a hard and painful time. She was such a sweet pup, and I know you miss her.
ReplyDeleteOh no! I am so sorry for your loss, Brigid.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeletesaying goodbye to an old dear friend is very hard. I had to say goodbye to my Archie two months ago. I still sweep up the occasional hair clump. I miss the big guy!
ReplyDeletehey Bridgid;
ReplyDeleteCondolences and prayers from Our lab to yours. Been there and it bites. I believe that when we cross over to meet St Peter, our furry friends will be there to greet us or heaven won't be perfect.
I've got to say, when I read you had lost Abby, the reaction was "Oh Shit". So sorry to read of your loss. Condolences. They are unique individuals.
ReplyDeleteOh, so very sorry to read of Abby's passing. Words aren't enough at times like this. Time and love will heal the heart.
ReplyDeleteSadly I find myself reading this too often. Farewell Abby. https://poets.org/poem/power-dog
ReplyDelete