Wednesday, December 10, 2025

Get a Dog - It Will be Fun They Said

>

After 17 inches of snow, the rain began last night. The backyard is now a slushy mess, which Sunny loves. But drying her off with a beach towel requires 4 hands, so I got a "Chicken Stick" out ahead of time (her "let Mom write" bribe snack).  I then placed it on the counter before she came in from the fenced yard.

Coming inside, she gets a small, hard, round sweet potato treat for staying still while being dried off on the enclosed porch.

She gently takes the treat in her mouth, then spots the Chicken Stick as she enters the kitchen.

She SPEWS out the hard treat in a 60-degree arc towards my kneecaps at 1200 meters per second like a Canine Claymore. 

Sunny then stares at the chicken stick til I hand it over.

Then it's time for a zoomie in the living room before passing out to snore on the couch.


 I don't think I'm going to get any writing done today.

4 comments:

  1. Priorities Brigid, priorities. Often our pets are not ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished the flying book last night. This post was an amazing book end to that tome. Thanks for all your amazing stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you read it! Thank you as always, for visiting these many years. I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday season.

      Delete
  3. LOL, she 'saw' the treat, that was your mistake...

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog for family far away and to share my life and writing with friends. Comments are welcome but please treat this place as you would visiting any friend. I want everyone to feel at home here. If you post advertising for a business or service and I do NOT know you, it will be reported as SPAM. Don't even bother.