Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Why Women Spend So Much Time in the Bathroom - The TRUTH REVEALED

I have had a number of people, well, women readers who have become friends anyway, that have sent comments via email regarding my hair photo on the right sidebar of the blog and it's alleged natural beauty.

Just so you know, said picture involved a haircut cost that would have made Congress proud, three different hair products, a round brush, a hair dryer, a curling iron, cursing in various languages including really bad Swedish, good lighting and 45 minutes in the bathroom.

Gentlemen, there's a reason the women in your life spend a lot of time in there. But for their loved ones, for those special occasions and the occasional internet picture, it's worth it. For yes, because we want to look nice for you, we are doing the hairstyling equivalent of photoshopping our head

For THIS is what my hair looks like when I wake up in the morning.

9 comments:

  1. It’s still pretty. The color is still vibrant w/o looking like a cartoon character, and for “bed head”, it’s rather tame.

    My hair upon waking is in a receding faux-hawk. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, you women worry much more about your hair than we men do. Your morning hair picture looks just fine. We love our women no matter if its morning hair, or 45 minutes and $$$ hair.
    -Just a man in love with his wife, no matter the hair style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doc, your husband is a lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the man of wisdom quietly nods, his head, shuts up, and says "Thank you Dear" without further comment...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see nothing wrong here.

    I suspect that the main reason that women spend an inordinate amount of time in the bathroom is because they want to. They take a long, hot bath with the lights turned down low, and while they can hear the cacophony of the bedlam outside, they don't have to deal with it. Someone else is dealing with the five kids, two big dogs, and the shrewish mother-in-law who is busy feeding the ADHD child sugar and giving the oldest a jackhammer to play with.

    Oh yeah, family and all. Maybe, in another 45 minutes, she'll arise from her bath, and get ready for a night on the town with the Old Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm one of those women, except I pretend I'm using the bathroom while I'm actually reading. True story.

      Delete
  6. My dad is a redhead, my blessed mother was a redhead, my brother is a redhead, wifmann is a redhead, my best friend through all the way from 1st grade through high school was a redhead, and I am a redhead and yes red hair is nature's safety warning.
    Ask me how I know.
    But, I used to maintain that if an activity was not life-threatening it was not fun. Emphasize "used to".

    Oh, and EVERTHING they say about redheads is true!

    Oh, one more thing...do not plug "redheads" into a search engine and expect to find out about the organization dedicated to redheads...just don't. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You "Redhead" photos reminded me of a post you made several years ago. Something like "Life with a Redhead" showing a redheaded woman dressed in bands of dynamite (or something)standing with a man holding a blow torch. Tried to find it with no luck. Can you repost it, if available? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Solus - I know which post you are talking about but I don't have a search query
      that pulls that up. Sorry.

      Delete

I started this blog for family far away and to share my life and writing with friends. Comments are welcome but please treat this place as you would visiting any friend. I want everyone to feel at home here. If you post advertising for a business or service and I do NOT know you, it will be reported as SPAM. Don't even bother.