Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fuzzy Dice, Beer and a Bear

What a day! Fuzzy dice and brief blue skies. Miss D and I stayed up until 1 a.m. chatting like school girls and finally got to bed for an early departure. Morning dawned clear and warm and it was going to be the most excellent of days.


It's really a sweet little airplane. Enough horsepower has been up in that if she goes on floats she will be able to get up on the step without waiting for the curvature of the earth to drop away. Miss D. has really done a great job with the rebuild.

When we were leaving the airplane after tying her down, a pilot came over and said "are you girls going to Oshkosh? "My friend grinned and said "My husband is in the other direction" with a smile that would make anyone understand.


Homemade Croissants.


BACON!

After that, we headed into the city. As we were leaving Fresh Market in Broad Ripple, Miss D. said, "Is that Tam?" Sure enough, it was! She was riding a Broad Ripple SUV. We yelled out the window "Tam!" and honked whereupon she hurried up as if zombies on Rollerblades were after her, and off down an alley while we tooted again chasing her with the truck. It was like the chase scene in the movie Bullitt, except we were in a parking lot full of hippies so it was like Bullitt without the speed and excitement.

As we lose sight of her, I called Roseholme Cottage, a short distance away, and we were promptly invited over to visit with she and Roberta X. Alas, with temps in the 90s and perishables in the back of the truck, we couldn't stay long.


I successfully avoided buying one of these at Fresh Market. I've lost almost 20 pounds in the last six weeks. Another 10 to go and I will be back at mumble mumble pounds, my weight prior to the January surgery and recovery. Woo hoo! Besides if Miss D. needs some pre flight goodness, there is still the little key lime cheesecake that I made left at home.

click to enlarge (evil laugh)


But in anticipation of frosty beer at the Broad Ripple Brew pub we hiked a couple of miles up and back on the Monon Rail Trail.




A member of the shore party is going off the beaten path, and he's wearing a red shirt. We'll never see HIM again.


Then a brief pass by the Art Park. Hippies, arts, crafts, you name it. Trails to hike, stuff to climb on. Bees!


Ah, a cold one to cool off and surveil the damage. Broad Ripple Brew Pub.


One last word of advice.

If you are out and about among artists and Bohemians and you rip out the back of some very well worn shorts, and a nice lady among them offers to quickly patch them at her little establishment so you are not arrested. . . . . . . and she's a theater person . . .

Well, you should EXPECT to get Winnie the Pooh on your ass instead of, you know, denim or camo fabric.

Tactical Pooh. Oh bother (sigh).

33 comments:

  1. "Winnie the Pooh and the Excellent Day"

    Congrats on the weight loss, btw. I'm glad y'all had such a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better than a tactical Eeyore. A. lot. better. I suppoooooose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great day!

    Having read Tam's version of events made your description even funnier.
    http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2011/07/that-was-kinda-cool.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are having fun with friends! Yeah, we will never see the red shirted one again.

    Tactical Pooh? Ok, perhaps the patch will prevent OWB holster wear in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet you wish that it had been Haggar The Horrible, instead.

    Heh.

    Bob
    III

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who whoo oooo. Great looking patch. Fun afternoon! Glad you are getting some enjoyable down time. You earn it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Give me some Huney and no one gets hurt?

    Brigid, you've got a little Pooh on your pants.

    I say, do you have any grey Poohpants?

    Someone make the voices stop before I pun again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great day was had by all.

    The patch could be worse-maybe-trying to think how. It could have been Eeyore with his tail missing, or Roo, or Piglet. Too bad she didn't have Tigger. Somehow Tigger seems more appropriate for you if limited to a choice of A.A. Milne characters. It is probably best to give the shorts to Barkley as a new chew toy; the new fabric of the patch will just cause the shorts to rip again anyhow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a day! And, Poo to top it off. Or, was that to bottom it out?

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOO HOO! What a wondeful feel good post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Silly (and damned lucky) bear.....

    (GRIN)

    W.V. (antsess)

    Another thing to look out for in well worn pants

    ReplyDelete
  12. Better Winnie The Pooh on your butt than Tigger. Someone might try to de-bounce you ...

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heh! It was a good day. Weather iffy so Miss D may stay another night.

    Blogger is acting up again, and two comments I hit "post" on didn't post and 3 ones I KNOW I did disappeared. (probably to show up again in a couple of days).

    "Pooh" and I had fun. Miss D is relaxing and getting ready for the last stint of her long journey, to her husband.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pooh doesn't think another ten pounds need to come off from where he's standing,,,,um sewn....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brigid,

    I am thrilled you had a fun day! It would have been great to listen in and observe you two!! What fun!!

    SWModel66

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Bother!" said Pooh as he chambered another round...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmmmm. Two gals and a plane should really go visit OSH this year...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Based on that windscreen, I'm gonna say thats a J-3 Cub, or Super Cub. (Well the Windscreen, and the Yellow. Why would anyone make a Cub in anything but the iconic yellow?)

    Also, D10s, if I'm not mistaken.

    Yay for Polyhedral dice :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad y'all had a good day! And the combination of the stories between you and Tam are hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a terrific and hilarious retelling! And I *LOVE* the Pooh Pants.

    So glad you guys had a great visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need to find the springform pans that make those 3 inch round cheesecakes. Because your key lime cheesecake is calling my name, and I want to shrink out of the tactical Pooh cutoffs, not grow out of them.

    When you took me to see all the sights of the famous Broad Ripple, I never expected to see the lovely bloggers there, too - you sure know how to show a girl a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  22. "Pooh Pants" now a HotR lexicon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on the weight lose! And are those D&D dice I see in that there plane? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Not just fuzzy dice but fuzzy d20s.

    We explored the local H-Mart this weekend and bought a Korean pressure cooker. The pot is supposed to cook rice in 10 minutes, but we'll have to decipher the Engrish instructions first.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The Pooh is just a distraction for the Tactical Robot patch with LaserBeamDeathEyes (tm)

    I was there, I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. AlaskanGeekArchitect: Oh, I thought the robot was just too cool. :-) I want one now.

    Miss D. got on her way this morning before I went to work, the air looked flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  27. "Not just fuzzy dice but fuzzy d20s."

    I know. I'm totally full of fangirl squee on discovering that.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Tam - My CFI is still current as it my low altitude aerobatic sign off. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog for family that lives far away. Now that they are gone, it continues on to share those memories.

Comments are welcome,but if you have a fake name, no blog and only comment on the rare occasion to criticize or offer advertising for a business I've never heard of, you go straight to SPAM.