Friday, September 17, 2010

Yes, I CAN make something without bacon


A meal that doesn't involve butter, bacon or beef? Quick, someone take my temperature!

This one's for my readers who are trying to eat a little healthier.

Something other than that first choice for dinner, flaming bacon appetizer, with bacon fricassee, served with a side of bacon.

Skinless chicken breasts cooked with Artichoke Marinara Sauce. Try it on the meat and toss a bit of the sauce with pasta and roasted vegetables. I like black olives, so I threw some on there as well. You could skip that or add some chopped mushrooms or diced tomatoes. With a kick of red pepper and a sauce made from scratch it's really good.

The Bacon? I didn't miss it at all. Now I need to go brush my teeth.

13 comments:

Ben said...

That looks simply divine.

RichD said...

It looks great even without bacon. Hope you gave the bacon not used in this dish to Barkley. Do they make bacon flavored toothpaste to go with the floss?

old okie said...

Any thing but turkey or chicken!!!

hodgeman said...

You can make something without bacon... but why would you want to? LOL

john bord said...

.

Bradley said...

that looked so good, did you at least use lard to cook with?

Lois Evensen said...

Great recipe and I love the floss. You gave me a chuckle early on a Sunday morning. ;)

Mr.Wolf said...

You monster!
Who are you, and what have you done with Miss Brigid?

CircuitGizmo said...

You served it with this healthy salad, right? http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t53/FlyVote/bacon-bowl.jpg

DRB said...

Seriously....where's the bacon?
As one who has just spent the last 20 years not eating any meat I am starting this week to try some of your recipes. I've been eating meat again for the past two months and your recipes just sound yum.

Priest said...

Brigid, I only ask this because I've so greatly enjoyed your blog postings since Lawdog linked to you those many moons ago: Are you well? A meal with no bacon/beef/butter/artery busting lard content? I wonder if I haven't come into the twilight zone somehow.

RC said...

But why would you want to? Or as Jeff Goldbloom might say

"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."

Shannon said...

Oh my, that looks awesome. Yummy!