Saturday, December 24, 2011

Taking it Easy - Knee Update


It's easier to post than to send out 50 emails. Sorry.

The MRI last night shows a definite tear through the medial miniscus (between the medial condyle of the femur and the medial condyle of the tibia) and some significant bone bruising. My family doc took a look at it and got me off immediately to the doc that works on the local football team, one of the best ortho guys in the area. That doc said "I usually see this injury in professional footballs players, what did you do?" He didn't buy the ninja story either.

He'll do the surgery this week, hopefully. On the plus side, x rays and all showed NO arthritis or pre-existing problems in the knees. I'll be on crutches for a week after the surgery (Barkley will have to stay with friends) then 4-6 weeks until "normal activity" (i.e field work, rappelling, zombies, ninjas, changing the oil in the truck, hiking, lifting more than a 22 ounce Guinness, etc.)

I have hydrocodone though, so tonight I can put on some music and sing "We Three Kings Disoriented Are".

Til then, some rest, some lefse with cinnamon and sugar that I made last week, and a post for later. . . .
Cheers.