Thursday, February 4, 2010

Midnight Nears

Midnight nears
releasing time for death and truth
when far beyond the spirits hearing
rumbles the great thunder of things
deep silence of desire
wearing a hood of sound

But daylight clears the vision
that by night is struck blind
and her souls ravening hawk
flies far away again

Moments of time
that perch on great stones
patience til passion
musing in that darkening place
deep in contemplated shadow
crying out

For shadows echo
a rhapsody of stars
that she alone hears
as midnight nears again
deep silence of desire
wearing a hood of sound
- Brigid


  1. I think I'm going to have to come back to this one this evening. With a good glass of merlot. It might take me till midnight to get a handle on it. Glad you are being renewed.

  2. So very lovely. But it is an inspiring place and time. Suits your muse...

  3. Ireland, poets, prose, there's more here than I can wrap my head around.
    Thank you for sharing with us.

  4. Coincidentally, I'm sipping a Chilean merlot at this very moment, Stephen. But even without the enhancement of a good wine, this verse slides inside the heart and and through the soul. Our Brigid is a true poet, modest in her self-view tho she may be.

    The line, "deep silence of desire, wearing a hood of sound" is one of the most astounding visions I've come across, ever. Its layers of implications are physical and breathtaking.

    Bravo to the Scotch/Irish lass! Bravo!

  5. The photo just sort of said "poem".

    Glad some of you liked it.
    Love - B.


I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..