Monday, October 24, 2016

Fight Song



The pianist in this group, Jon Schmidt (The Piano Guys) had his 21 year-old daughter, one of five children, go missing in the Columbia River Gorge last week. I know the trail, it is both beautiful and treacherous and she was hiking alone on a day hike, without camping equipment. Unfortunately, her roommate thought she was camping with family, and she wasn't report missing for several days after storms moved through the area. The search and recovery efforts were called off today with no trace of her but one last cell phone ping in the area on the 16th, her car abandoned at the start of the trail. Just saying a prayer for the family as I listen to this wonderful piece.

7 comments:

  1. We can't imagine anything worse than the loss of a child in such circumstances. Our youngest turned 21 two weeks ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this has a happy ending. My prayers to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers their way.

    gfa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone I know spent two nights out in the extreme Southern Sierras over Memorial Day Weekend in 2013. She was found and helicoptered out none the worse for wear. Her Boyfriend however, is history.
    I pray that something similarly happy is the result for your friend's daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone. Unfortunately, after 11 days missing, without their daughter having neigher equipment, food or water, the search was given up as the terrain is very dangerous for those searching. The family had a wonderful message up that is worth reading. http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/10/piano-guys-not-lost-search-discontinued-performers-missing-daughter/

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog for family far away and to share my life and writing with friends. Comments are welcome but please treat this place as you would visiting any friend. I want everyone to feel at home here. If you post advertising for a business or service and I do NOT know you, it will be reported as SPAM. Don't even bother.