Monday, August 16, 2010

World Domination and Bacon

It's a weekend to remember
as long as no one's dismembered.
- The Penguins from Madagascar

Back to work. The weekend was needed. LOTS of sleep, biscuits, meatballs and gunpowder (though not IN the meatballs, that tends to cause some dangerous burping), a little TV, wheel guns and four wheel drive.

Time away from obligations, to bake bread, read a book, and the best part, conversations with friends on life, lever actions and world domination and the bacon bar (milk or dark chocolate?)

You thought I was kidding, right?

Thanks to all of you who dropped a note, or dropped by.
- Love Brigid


  1. Brigid

    Sometimes you have to have those kinds of weekends I do agree.
    You need the time to drain and recharge your batteries in a manner of speaking,
    Here 'e to hoping you have a good week.

    Whitetail Woods Blog / Muzzleloader Testing

  2. Brigid,

    It does appear as if you have covered ALL the bases!

    Welcome back!


  3. Boy, what a pair of kick butt Ladies!

  4. I thought I had seen everything at bacon flavored Vodka.

  5. I've heard of the bacon bar but not seen it. Last week, I discovered chili and cayenne pepper chocolate bars.

    Glad you had a good weekend of recovery.

  6. Words to live by, Brig. Words to live by.

    Reminds me of a t-shirt I found at a thrift store: "Rebellion only counts if you get caught."

  7. I thought I remembered you had the "nothing to fear but fear itself... except spiders" sign on your sidebar.

    I thought of that when I read about the huge Congolese spiders (five friggin feet?) that have been spotted here and there.

    Gonna need a BIG broom for those!

  8. I tried Reese's Dark yesterday and I must say, I'm hooked! Now if they'd only make them in the Big Cup size...

    What whisky is that pictured?

  9. Bacon chocolate...

    I gotta find some of that!

  10. Sounds like a fabulous weekend!

    Um, those bars do come in milk chocolate, right...?

  11. Well, dark chocolate is always to be desired, but with bacon? I must be more conservative than I thought!

  12. Why am I always out of town when the world domination talks commence?

  13. Glad you were able to relax and recharge your batteries! I was wondering were you purchased your 2nd amendment t-shirt from? Would love to buy one. It would be especially appreciated down here in Texas!

  14. I love chocolate and I LOVE bacon, but the two together? I dunno.

  15. I have turned my teenaged daughters onto your little piece of the world , and they love it , as do I ! smibsid : )

  16. I can't believe that the concept of mixing bacon and chocolate has not drawn a comment yet. I'm really tempted to order a couple and take them for my buds at work to sample. I think it may just work; but I'm the guy who thinks that the creator of the bloomin' onion should have gotten a Nobel Prize.

    If you're 5'8" then your friend must be 6'0". You two appear to be looking over the still waters of your homeland, Amazonia.

    Hope your short break has recharged your pen. I'll follow from the Pac NW where I'll be for 3weeks.

  17. Brigid,

    Glad that you had a good weekend. Dark chocolate and bacon? Hmm. Might have to try those.

    BePrepared-What gun for J'ba FoFi?

  18. Thanks folks!

    Rick - thanks for the link!

    MoBro - Tam is Barkley's "other Mom". We're both lucky to have her as a friend.

    K. Erickson - a Bacon martini? I'm not sure :-)

    Jean - the chili chocolate bar from World Market is awesome and about half the cost of the Bacon bar.

    Joanna - I'll give you a call, hopefully coffee this weekend if you're free.

    Beprepared - oh great, nightmares :-). I lived in the desert for a few months during some post grad work and once found a giant tarantula like spider in my bed. I slept in a chair for a few nights. With a broom. (though I dind't kill him, he went outside in a dustbin, my roomie was raised there and she was used to them).

    Eric - My all time favorite. Jamesons from Ireland.

    Christina - why yes they do.

    Island Bob - "Amazonia". hahahahahaha. I'm 5 foot 8 so yes. Brigid, Jr. is 5 11 already. I'm the shortest one in my family.

    SWModel66 - well one thing left out, but my Dad DOES read this blog sometimes.

  19. Jason and the Golden Fleese, the quest that all of us have at some point..... to go seeking that which known yet unknown, to hold is to set free.

    seek your moment and enjoy

  20. Bacon AND Chocolate! I believe I could eat that and die peacefully, as much as having a massive coronary might be going peacefully... :P

  21. So, Brigid, is the dark chocolate/bacon bar any good? I may have to go to World Market to get a chili/chocolate bar though. That sounds quite interesting!

    BTW did you like the LeverEvolution rounds in the .357mag? Try it in a lever gun yet? Did you see any difference in POI in the pistol?
    Just curious...

  22. I'm glad to hear your time off hit the spot.

    Speaking of bacon, suddenly I feel compelled to make chicken carbonara for dinner.



I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..