Just when you think it's safe to go back in the water.
I was going to start on the 1900 review but my hand is still smarting a bit You see, I had just gotten off of work and I was just minding my own business when suddenly - from above a shadow, a flurry of black and a sudden stab of pain.
"OWWW!!"
A small trickle of blood was running down my hand and wrist from a small but bloody divot in it.
Crow Attack!
I washed it with soap and warm water so it wouldn't get infected but it still smarts, even a half hour later.
One has to be careful - you never know what seemingly benign creature might attack and there's no time or space for a hasty exit.
Fortunately, with Abby the Lab's help, I was able to round up the offending crows
Who appeared to suffer some damage as well.
That's what I get for putting them on the very top shelf of the pantry. The sharp corner nailed me as it fell as I was trying to nag it on my tippy toes.
Or as Abby was thinking "that's what Mom gets for trying to cheat on her diet."
Stop back by this weekend for the antique firearm shooty review and if all works out, an outing to Broad Ripple for some food with friends while Partner in Grime is in town helping me pack up the crash pad for the move while friends watch the Range.
Diet? What's that??? Hope the weekend goes well!
ReplyDeleteOld NFO - it's tough getting old. If I see I've gained a couple of pounds - no beer healthy food and (ugh) extra time at the gym. When I was 30 I could eat like a Navy Seal. Those days are gone but there will still always be Faturdays for bacon and carbs.
ReplyDeleteOld NFO - it's tough getting old. If I see I've gained a couple of pounds - no beer healthy food and (ugh) extra time at the gym. When I was 30 I could eat like a Navy Seal. Those days are gone but there will still always be Faturdays for bacon and carbs.
ReplyDeleteThat's what you get for nagging Crows...
ReplyDelete;-)
Diet? I've heard of those.
ReplyDeleteSigh...
Houston, I think I see the problem here: " The sharp corner nailed me as it fell as I was trying to nag it on my tippy toes."
ReplyDeleteStop nagging. Nothing good ever comes of it.
I love typos. It is our inner comedian refusing to be repressed.
The first thing I thought when I saw that box was: OMG! Crows! I haven't had them in decades! Didn't know they made them anymore.
ReplyDeleteAnd they're BLACK Crows. That's RACIST! (oh, sorry, I forgot I wasn't a progressive...)
ReplyDelete:-)
gfa
What store still puts price tags on their inventory?
ReplyDeletePrayers for your Dad. The old MO Bro...
ReplyDelete