Sunday, November 1, 2015

Run for your Lives - It's a Poem

 The moon reappears
a lover so errant
A quick glimpse of light
its deceit not apparent
It kisses my skin
soft shimmering light
Bright promise, a whisper
uttered only at night
In a moment it's gone
cold taking its place
Autumn's caress
assuming its space
For I could not own it
it's light held no key
Captured by nothing
not even by me

- Brigid


  1. I spend an inordinate amount of time stalking the moon. An undeniable affinity

  2. Very nice, and perfect for the season!

  3. That is beautiful!
    (I wanted to say 'Burma Shave!', but that would ruin the tone...)



I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..