Friday, July 13, 2012

.22 Quotes from the Road


1. "You can't have too many primers". - Brigid.
 
2. "If your attack is going really well, you've walked into an ambush". -- Hannibal

3. The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in time of moral crisis, maintain their neutrality  - unknown

4. "Remember children - Once you pull the pin, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend." -B. Merkley

5. "Those who cherish freedom do not need to flame those who don't; We can though, through our questions and logic, help them to self-immolate". -Chris Bolton



6. "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". George Orwell

7. To quote George Patton, "Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of mankind."

8. "It's not so much the Apocalypse, it's the humidity" --- MST3K

9. "An armed society is a polite society." Heinlein, from ""Beyond this Horizon""

10. "Where there's life, there's threat". - Blake's Seven

11."Get off a shot FAST, this upsets him long enough to let you make your second shot perfect." - Robert A Heinlein.

12."We are half asleep waiting on the doorstep of the 21st century Take a look at the ones who lead this nation They are the champions of mediocrity." - Rumors of the Big Wave

13. Save the whales, collect the whole set.

14."Curious, but in no way indecipherable." -- The Fearless Vampire Killers

15. "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice, and moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue." - (readers attributed this unknown one to Barry Goldwater - thanks!)

16. "No one escapes when freedom fails. The best men rot in filthy jails, and those who cried, 'Appease, appease!' are hanged by those they tried to please." - unknown

17. What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, I can assume it will be pretty bad. 

18."If you fortify your rear the enemy will attack you from the front". - unknown

19. "If the enemy is in range, so are you." - unknown


20. "Push to test."
(click)
"Release to detonate."

21. "There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence." - Jeremy S. Anderson

22. "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum." -  They Live

18 comments:

  1. 23. What? You think you're going to live forever or something? - Lots of folks

    ReplyDelete
  2. LSD and UNIX? I'm sorry that was funny as hell. Maybe you are right though.

    Nice little S&W too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two Heinlein quotes and one from They Live, and I think my favorite is the one about hitting a frog with a sledgehammer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't think of one I wouldn't agree with, nor not try like hell to implement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Because they don't make a .46".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally, I think the picture between #10 & #11 is quite dashing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personally, I think the picture between #10 & #11 is quite dashing...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may be wrong, (rarely,) but I believe #15 can be attributed to the late Senator Barry Goldwater, and it is one of my favorite quotes of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I may be wrong, (rarely,) but I believe #15 can be attributed to the late Senator Barry Goldwater, and it is one of my favorite quotes of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Borepatch - good one!

    Keads - I shouldn't laugh, 10 years ago I still had one program I used professionally that was MS DOS :-)

    gret - not too many people would remember "they live". :-)

    Irontomflint - that was taken up at Bills guns up in the Minneapolis area. I used to shoot there when business had me in the area. I'd asked if I could take some photos of the store for a blog post for some free advertising and the clerk said no, concerned that customers might be in the shots (I make sure that doesn't happen but I understand their consideration of that). Great store.

    armedlaughing and Murphy - thanks. I had that one as unknown, will change.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "They Live" quotes! Excellent! Gotta get me some of those sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "They Live" was just on cable the other night! Gotta love Hot Rod Rowdy Roddy Piper! Funny... my wife was not impressed at all when I tried to explain that he was wrestler not an actor... something about he shouldn't quite his day job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Unix and crap, they both start with C.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hehe hehe

    You said "Fortified rear"

    hehe hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Og, as well, if the "fixed fortifications don't move, they're silicon.

    I know Mrs. Og would agree with me, everything may not be perfect, but original is always better.

    Tell the oglette I'm going to try and get up and see one of fencing matches if I can get a couple days off after I get back from Dad's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 13. Save the whales, collect the whole set.
    Now that one got me going this morning..
    Snerk...

    ReplyDelete
  17. "17. What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, I can assume it will be pretty bad. "

    I read about this once. You get either Bad or Worse. If a big asteroid hits on land, you get Bad: Big flash and shock wave and devastation while much of the heat radiates out into space, bye-bye very large area. If it hits in the water, you get Worse: The heat gets trapped in steam and the nuclear-winter scenario ensues.

    Moral: blast the sucker while it's still out in space.

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..