Thursday, June 19, 2014

Is there a Twelve Step Program for Kong Toys?

 OK, there's ONE more little bit of treat in there.
If I just stick my tongue out a LITTLE bit further.

Barkley never played with the little Kong toy much, those hard rubber toys with the hole in the center where you can place treats.  He preferred open begging for treats,  or the "Bacon Drive By", even though Dad's Rescue Dalmatian loved hers.  But  Abby loves it, once she discovered the little milk bones inside, chopped up with the Ceramic Ginsu knives Old NFO got me for Christmas a few years back.  She'll bat it around as pieces fall out, then try and lick out all  the crumbs.

But there is a time, you just have to "cut someone off".

You've all seen someone at a bar who has had too much.  Morose, head down or on the bar itself, half passed out, hand still around their now empty glass..

It's kind of sad.
I think I need to cut back on her Kong treats.

16 comments:

  1. At least she's not upside down with her legs in the air like my pup does...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fill it with peanut butter and kibble. That'll keep 'em busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Hi, I'm Lola, and I'm a Kong addict!"
    (heard near our place)

    We got a small one one fills with some kind of aerosol peanut butter paste.
    Lola eschews all other toys until it's completely empty

    gfa

    ReplyDelete
  4. A for see a giant chew bone ahead, poor baby.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fill it with peanut butter, and pop it in the freezer overnight. Give it to her in the morning and it will take about twice as long to extract the treat since it's frozen in there. A trick I learned from the shelter where we got Indy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. No cure. I wish there was. Jack takes his off somewhere, gets interested in something else, drops it, and Dad has to order another one.

    I haven't been around for a while. Barkley? I am SO sorry. Seems like the deaths of dogs are the biggest bumps on our road thru life. Personally, I can't take too many more of those. Thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That last picture is so precious. She's not letting go of that, is she? LOL. It's tiring being overwhelmed with happiness, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monkeywrangler stole my thunder, frozen peanutbutter in a kong is a real treat for everyone.

    Be prepared for some of the funniest sucky noises you've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great pic! Whenever someone comes home Saint, our lab pittie mix, grabs a kong and runs for the door to greet them. I don't know why the kong must be present but it has to be! Have you ever given Abby a basically empty peanut butter jar? Get ready for some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's going to be pretty much sooper dooper fun to fall in love with Abby right alongside you and EJ. As if I needed another dog......

    ReplyDelete
  11. ROTF... At least she's enjoying them and NOT bugging you (much)... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never used one of those kong toys with treats inside. I should try that with Morgan. I was always afraid of the mess! As someone else said above, putting it in the freezer makes it last longer too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. too funny, our dogs love their Kongs too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "I think I need to cut back on her Kong treats."

    Hi. My name is Abby, and I'm a Kong addict.

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..