Jeremy Monnet - you were a friend to many of us in the aviation world and a class act, not soon forgotten. You treated strangers like family, welcoming them into your world and showing them wondrous things.
Even a wandering redhead, one day, a couple of short years ago.
My sympathies to your family and your teammates.
Tailwinds and Blue skies. - B
And also to Michael John Clark, who accompanied Jeremy on his final Journey into Eternity. May the both of you forever Dance the Skies on Laughter-Silvered Wings.
ReplyDeleteMichael was just two weeks short of his A&P Tickets.
Charlie Hannan - Oshkosh
Thank you Charlie - I didn't know Michael - but his loss is also great to the community.
ReplyDeleteBoth were, from all accounts, fine young men. But Jeremy was someone I knew personally, though professionally, and that made it harder to hear the news.
Prayers Up for both men, and their families.
ReplyDeleteI've worked (as a mechanic) at Wittman Field for sixteen years. I (regrettably) didn't know Jeremy but I have spoken to his father, John, on several occasions. The day this happened I heard the sirens and watched the fire trucks roll past our hangar.
ReplyDeleteI had no idea why until hours later. Sadly, we have lost other friends too, notably the late Jimmy Rossi, Jimmy Leeward and others. Fate IS the Hunter.
I really, really like your blog, BTW.
I had to google to read up on the details. I read their obituaries and articles about them and wow, what a tragic loss. They were truly loved and our thoughts and healing energy goes out to you both and to their families and friends and loved ones.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for your losses.
ReplyDeletegfa
Thank you - being in this field for so many years - I've lost a number of people I've me and admired. It's part of it. I was sorry to hear later that another young man perished with him. Prayers to both of those families.
ReplyDelete