Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Supper Chop Chop!

Only those of you who remember Bonanza will likely get the reference, but as a little kid watching new and old Westerns, I remember Hop Sing and his "chop chop" as he prepared the fixings for the residents of the Ponderosa. (He always seemed to have a big cleaver in his hand, probably why no one ever complained about the cooking).

Since everyone's been calling me "Hop Sing" around the kitchen since the knee injury and surgery, I added an Eastern touch to the Sunday Range Supper with a friend. For today, a blend of Western and Eastern cuisine. Spicy roasted potato wedges topped with traditional stuffed baked potato fixings, including white and smoked cheddar and BACON, with a sour cream based sauce flavored with Thai Chili sauce and Lime. (click to enlarge the photos). Add to that some steak with garlic/parsley butter and everyone was happy.



9 comments:

  1. I know you warned me, but...WOW!
    Guess I'm hungry, again!
    Guffaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a good twist on meat and potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should know better than to read your cooking posts before lunch. That looks GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn... I gotta quit reading you BEFORE I eat my measly little dinners... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm. Mmm. And just in case the copius drool fouled my enunciation, Mmm. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!

    I have most of the Bonanza episodes on DVD.

    I'm only allowed to watch them when the old lady's not around though.

    It's a cowboy thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I must say that here at Chez MaineMapleDave we have tried more than a few of your recipes (we're actually having leftover HOTR chili for supper as I type this), and they have all been awesome.

    So, this is on the list for soon... and, seriously-Sriracha makes everything awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking more Hopalong Cassidy than Hop Sing.

    How do you look with a long pony-tail? Of course, it would be red, not black. And you'd be a little too tall. And Irish/Norwegian instead of Chinese.

    Yeah, definitely more Hopalong than Hop Sing.

    Though, not really much of Hopalong either. Red hair instead of white. Height might be okay.

    And then, there's that one, other obviosity: You're a woman. I'm not complaining, mind you. Just stating the differences between Hopalong, Hop Sing and You.

    Oh, yeah. One other. The actors that played both Hopalong and Hop Sing are dead. The one playing you is still very much alive. And we're all glad of that. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..