Thursday, June 21, 2012

And now a word from our sponsor

Apparently there's a photo circulating on the net of "me" at a table at a big gun show out in Vegas late last winter.

I wish to just say a couple of things to the those who may see this picture of "Brigid at the Shot Shoot"(that short, straight brown haired young gal in the left of the picture which none of the  IND bloggers would recognize as she looks nothing like me).
.

(1) I don't go to the big blog/gun shows as a blogger.  Like many of you, I'm sure your workplace doesn't want you famous or on TV, especially when they might not be a big fan of guns and you are.  I respect that,  I'm not going to be in the limelight  at such events, especially on "media day" which this was.   FarmMom, you don't know how much I appreciate the invite to your more private event, that meant the world to me,  but I will be visiting Dad with the few vacation days off I have. I appreciate it. I will miss it, but any group of days off  in a row  that allow me to go west are spent with Dad, who is widowed and has cancer, he needs me when I have those sort of days off.

When I retire. . well heck.  look out , wave and expect the book and I will bring a pie and extra ammo.

(2)  I wish I'd been there instead of being on crutches and vicodin following major invasive  knee surgery during the time this picture was taken, or if it was last year, while  I was also  recovering from female surgery and out for six weeks.  Lucky Me.

(3) I fill out a pair of pants a whole lot differently, just saying.

(4) Though I have many, many abilities, shrinking five or six inches so that I'm much shorter than all the men around me in the picture is not going to happen.  I'm an Amazon, not a Hobbit.

And frankly, WHY would I take big  red curls and dye and straighten them to  to be straight drab brown hair (no offense Miss, whomever you are).

Maybe when I vote Democrat, but not before :-)

As Jay G would say. . that is all.