Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Judging a Book by its Cover


The book, like TBOB, is black. It has some grammatical errors on the back cover scribing (this is just a draft) but I got to add #1 Amazon Best Selling which was actually a big smile. Still, I like the way it turned out. The design was mine so be kind, but I like it. And yes---a real photo of the author - taken on my 50th birthday. I'm close enough to squirrel retirement I don't care. the photo used for the cover is personal and means a lot to me. I'm sure some of you will recognize those little copper baby shoes our Mom's used to have done up.

Brigid

16 comments:

  1. May this book be a blessing and inspiration to all who read it.
    As I'm sure it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good picture (both the head shot and the cover).

    Apologies if this double-posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading this book. And that is a good photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Ed said. If it's half as good as TBOB, it'll be a wonderful, heart-warming story that we can't put down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope this book does well also.

    Merle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ello, Ms. Johnson! Happy for your success, its well earned. And a lovely face, to match your spirit. I think Partner in Grime is a lucky man. Many kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cover.

    I hesitate to ruin it's simplicity - but what about a sepia-tone picture of you and Big Brother as kids over or alongside the piano?

    And/ or a color one of your daughter.

    And I can wait to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. Really beautiful cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done (again). And all of TBOB have gone to good homes. Dog people all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone (and Old NFO, thanks for sharing the paperbacks with your friends, I'm doing the same with your book so more get the opportunity to read it and perhaps order a copy for someone else.

    I'm pleased with how it turned out and am VERY glad you all like it and didn't think it too plain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finally! (course I already knew the look)

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..