This recipe makes a large batch, but the dough can stay refrigerated for a week. Much tastier than Cafe Du Monde's box mix, and easy to prepare.
Reg Thibodeau
The recipe is from a friend named Bernice:
Beignet 11/2 cup warm water 1pkg yeast 1/2 cup sugar 7 cup flour 1 tsp salt 1 cup evaporated milk 2 eggs 1/4 cup softened butter Dissolve yeast in warm water Add sugar,salt,eggs,milk and blend well Mix in 4 cups flour, beat til smooth Add butter, then remaining 3 cup flour Cover and chill overnight in fridge Roll out dough 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured counter Cut into 3 inch squares Fry in hot oil (350-375) Drain on paper towels, sprinkle with powdered sugar. This makes quite a large batch, but I fried up about 1/4 of dough at a time and held the rest in the fridge Enjoy!! eat some for me! Bernice
WOW! Being a long-time assistant to numerous Canines, as a Human Personal Assistant, I have NEVER seen the intensity of a gaze/stare than comes from a dog intent on tasting what People are eating! My Sadie has that same look in her Baby Browns when she sees I am eating ANYTHING tastier than beach sand! And I have NO resistance, even though I keep a list of NEVER FOODS FOR DOGS right there in my kitchen! Sadie doesn't get anything on the list, but she is managing to get (at least a taste) of items not on the list!
BTW, Sadie is five-years-old, and her Vet says there's not an ounce of fat on her 65-pound frame!
I started this blog for family far away and to share my life and writing with friends. Comments are welcome but please treat this place as you would visiting any friend. I want everyone to feel at home here. If you post advertising for a business or service and I do NOT know you, it will be reported as SPAM. Don't even bother.
Drool... Sigh...
ReplyDeleteLove your taste in coffee.
ReplyDeleteFeels like...
ReplyDeleteHome.
Old NFO - pretty hard to beat a good biegnet
ReplyDeleteoldokie - it was a gift from his parents and very much appreciated.
Mark - thanks!
OldAFSarge - yes, indeed, I always enjoy the time I don't have to be living out of a suitcase.
This recipe makes a large batch, but the dough can stay refrigerated for a week. Much tastier than Cafe Du Monde's box mix, and easy to prepare.
ReplyDeleteReg Thibodeau
The recipe is from a friend named Bernice:
Beignet
11/2 cup warm water
1pkg yeast
1/2 cup sugar
7 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup evaporated milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup softened butter
Dissolve yeast in warm water
Add sugar,salt,eggs,milk and blend well
Mix in 4 cups flour, beat til smooth
Add butter, then remaining 3 cup flour
Cover and chill overnight in fridge
Roll out dough 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured counter
Cut into 3 inch squares
Fry in hot oil (350-375)
Drain on paper towels, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
This makes quite a large batch, but I fried up about 1/4 of
dough at a time and held the rest in the fridge
Enjoy!! eat some for me! Bernice
WOW! Being a long-time assistant to numerous Canines, as a Human Personal Assistant, I have NEVER seen the intensity of a gaze/stare than comes from a dog intent on tasting what People are eating! My Sadie has that same look in her Baby Browns when she sees I am eating ANYTHING tastier than beach sand! And I have NO resistance, even though I keep a list of NEVER FOODS FOR DOGS right there in my kitchen! Sadie doesn't get anything on the list, but she is managing to get (at least a taste) of items not on the list!
ReplyDeleteBTW, Sadie is five-years-old, and her Vet says there's not an ounce of fat on her 65-pound frame!
You mean you LIKE that chicory coffee?!?!
ReplyDeleteIt may be an acquired taste, but coffee with a little chicory added is delicious. _Especially with beignets :-)
DeleteThanks for the recipe Reg!
ReplyDeleteMurphy - she's got that look down.
Peripatetic Engineer - I haven't tried it yet, but I know Partner enjoys
Looks like my dog when she smells the sausage on my plate. I'm such a sucker for the pitiful look...
ReplyDelete