Saturday, March 14, 2015

WOOF! WOOF!

The Book of Barkley just hit #1 in sales at Amazon.   Not #1 in the Free Kindle Store, where it had been before but #1 in actual paperback book sales for genre.

Thank you - all of you.  For without your support and encouragement I never would have written an actual book, content to just craft my little stories. Those of you that tweeted it or mentioned on your blog or Facebook to get that initial push out of the gate can't be thanked enough as well as those of you who read it and reviewed it.  Amazon has 15 million books for sale, so it was a little daunting to enter that market as a first time author.

I am especially thrilled as March sales are going not to just a couple  bloggers' pets that need some help, but Midwest Lab Retriever Rescue and DFW Lab Rescue and we just sponsored a search and rescue dog with Search Dog Foundation (it takes $10,000 to train one dog)

I miss you Barkley, as do we all. But now the world will know how special you really were and you will be remembered after we both are gone.

Brigid

11 comments:

  1. I am not at all surprised that the book has done so well. Barkley's memory will live on in the rescue groups that will benefit from the proceeds of the sale. It took a LOT of heart to write that book, and I am so glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news, Brigid! You are doing a great work, honoring Barkley's memory in all the support you are giving to rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I am so happy for you and your body of work. It comes from the heart. That is why it resonates with everyone. It came at a price, yet I think it was just as much therapy for you as for us. I miss that Lab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just incredible! I am so pleased for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay. It's nice to see good things happen to good people. Barkley would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! And that is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang!
    I can't believe I have an autographed first edition.
    Life is good.

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..