Friday, April 24, 2015

Saving Grace - April 22 2015


Saving Grace - A Story of Adoption has been published.  Paperback is available at Amazon. (Kindle copy in the works, and should be available in a few days).

If you liked the style of writing in The Book of Barkley you will enjoy this story. It started as a journal I wrote to my daughter after I gave her up for adoption as a teen.  It wasn't anything structured, just notes here and there of thoughts and stories of her birth as well as my life growing up in the 60's and 70's with the brother I was adopted with.  In a series of vignettes of life and memories crafted from those notes,  I hope some of you will see much of your own journey to family.This book is for my daughter, in memory of my brother, but I hope the world will enjoy it.

http://outskirtspress.com/webPage/isbn/9781478754145

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for taking this journey, both for showing us what fine parents you have, and what a fine brother you have.
    And, of course, what a fine person you are.
    I write in the present tense, as you will always have them, and will always be!
    I pray this was a healing task for you - as was TBOB - and other books are in the offing.

    Go n-eiri an t-adh leat.!
    (I hope the Internet got that right?)
    gfa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Armedlaugning - I have ordered some authors copies and will send you an autographed copy when they arrive.

    Old NFO - thanks for ordering. I'm taking the sales of this book with the remaining sales of the Book of Barkley and continue to donate to animal rescue and adoption. If I just cover the editing and marketing costs, I'll be happy. Thanks for the support.

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..