Friday, December 12, 2014

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like. . .

my pants aren't going to fit in another two weeks.

Chocolate peppermint pie - recipe in comments.


  1. Chocolate peppermint cream pie:

    1 Graham Cracker Crust - cooled

    1 package dark chocolate pudding prepared as directed

    3 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream
    3/4 cup powdered sugar
    1 3/4 teaspoons peppermint extract
    1 teaspoon pink sugar

    1 cup whipped cream (for garnish)

    chopped Andes peppermint candies and pink sugar

    Prepare pudding and cool. Fill pie crust until chocolate layer is about an inch deep. Put any remaining pudding in bowl for a snack later.

    Whip whipping cream, powdered sugar, the pink sugar and peppermint extract until stiff peaks form.

    If you like, whip remaining whipped cream and pipe onto edge of pie. Sprinkle with 3 or 4 chipped Andes candies and additional pink sugar. Chill and serve.

  2. My pants haven't fit for two weeks!

  3. So, I've lost ten pounds on the low carb diet. So, I think looking at that picture gained 4 back. Now I need to make it, and gain the other six...

    I can hear my mother now. "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips!"

    On the other hand, I also learned from a malamute, the look when caught with the last of the (now-empty) bacon wrapper. "I'm going to die, and it was SO WORTH IT!"

  4. Dropped 20lbs of BayAryan Bloat, and now I do fit my skinny-jeans.
    My problem with going through certain food-deprivation AND over-indulgence when young is that I'm not attracted to pies, cakes, ice-cream, candy etc. anymore - sad I guess maybe...

  5. My blood sugar went sky high just looking at the pictures, my doctor is going to be very unhappy .


I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..