Sunday, December 7, 2014

Canon Fodder - Tis the Season

Mom, Dad! I heard a noise!  Maybe it's Santa Paws arriving early!
You just stepped on the squeaky storm trooper Abby.  Go back to sleep.
Sleeping past 5 a.m. What a concept!
Where the blog happens. But today - just breakfast with Partner. 
More syrup please on my silver dollar pancakes.
It's not Sunday without pancakes and bacon
It's just a nice day to stay in with the TV off.
We need to find a place to hand up the new Dog Tail coat hooks.  But first a walk with Abby.
All around the village, little signs of Christmas.


Look Mom - it's Santa Paws!
Sorry Abby - It's just the Abominable Snowman
We've passed the house with the Blair Witch Birdhouses. . . so any second now.
Right on time.  Let's head back and make a pizza and then put up the Christmas Tree.
A Sunday during the holidays is a wonderful thing.

Where'd Abby go?
The Force meets the Abominable De-Squeaker as Abby tries to bite his head off.
The light is almost gone, the house darkens.
But Mom - he Friended me on Facebook.

10 comments:

  1. AS Lisa Douglass would Hot's cakes anyone. or am I the only one left who remembers Green acres?

    Happy almost Christmas everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pizza looks astoundingly GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. old okie - I remember Green Acres well, and if you word search on the blog there is a whole hotscakes post.

    drjim - recipe is here: http://mausersandmuffins.blogspot.com/2014/01/snowpocalypse-cooking-school-cast-iron.html

    Old NFO - it was nice having a day where nothing was really done but some kitchen time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great...now I want pancakes and bacon...and eggs and it's Monday...what am I going to do :(

    Got to say, wish my desk looked as neat and clean as yours :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great...now I want pancakes and bacon...and eggs and it's Monday...what am I going to do :(

    Got to say, wish my desk looked as neat and clean as yours :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vanilla pancakes

    These are VERY light and fluffy so make them small or they will be hard to flip.

    1 cup flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    2 Tablespoons sugar
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla
    1 individual size vanilla yogurt (NOT Greek yogurt)
    1/4 cup milk
    1 large egg.
    2 Tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon melted butter

    Mix and cook on preheated griddle that's lightly oiled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Beautiful stained glass window is on the west side of the house, isn't it (and you like it very much, don't you).

    I gotta go, Moose (Bernese Mountain Dog) just bonked my arm with his nose to get petted.
    ... and I want pancakes and bacon, and it's Monday, too.

    Rich in NC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good post! Green Acres is still the place to be!

    ReplyDelete

I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..