Friday, May 1, 2015

A Retriever's View on Turning 15

“It`s not how old you are, it`s how you are old.”  
―  Jules Renard
"Those who love deeply, never grow old.  They may die of old age, but they die young."
--Ben Franklin

"If your heart has peace, nothing can disturb you."
--Dalai Lama
"There's a treat in your pocket-- I know it."
Simba the Golden Retriever.


  1. Every time I see a golden retriever, I think/hope it is Einstein from the Koontz novel "Watchers." And yes, I do have a vivid imagination.

  2. My golden retriever Benjamin is ten. All my dogs are rescues and most now are elderly. Oh how they all make the life of their human beings, so much better !

  3. Ben Franklin most likely never said that, but he was a sly dog who might have thought that about one of his French or English lady friends, never mind Deborah left at home in America with the thirteen kids.

  4. That's a sweet face........thanks, we have a 13, 14, and 15 year old, they are showing their age, but with grace, they haven't changed one bit.

  5. What wonderful pics! I just love watching our Lab gray! She's turning into a cranky old girl that is just incredible!


I started this blog so the child I gave up for adoption could get to know me, and in turn, her children, as well as share stories for a family that lives too far away. So please keep it friendly and kid safe. Posts that are only a link or include an ad for an unknown business automatically to to SPAM..